Partner | Banking and Finance, Debt Capital Markets
- T: +91 22 6636 5000
- E: Write to me
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (2006)
Manisha Shroff is a Partner in the DCM and Banking and Finance practice group in the Mumbai office. With over 16 years of experience, Manisha advises on all types of financing matters external commercial borrowings, offshore financings, cross border bilateral and syndicated financings, acquisition finance, private credit, project finance trade finance, structured finance, real estate financing, mezzanine finance, banking, and non-banking regulation and securitisation. She has also advised on a myriad of derivative transactions, negotiations on ISDA documentation, and credit support annexes.
As the Firm’s debt capital markets specialist, she has advised on the entire gamut debt capital markets offerings including international bond issuances (under Reg S and Rule 144A, high yield, guaranteed, standalone and programs, Basel III compliant issues, masala bonds) and domestic debt issuances (both public and private placements and structured products). She also advises on private credit and structured finance transactions which cover acquisition finance, promoter finance and cross-border finance.
Manisha was a part of the regulator SEBI’s committee on the “on-tap” issue of bonds and as a panellist in numerous panels/events organised by IFLR and FICCI.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
Recognition and Accomplishments
Manish has been acknowledged for her experience and expertise by:
- The Chambers and Partners recognised as “Leading Individual” for Banking & Finance and Debt Capital Markets
- Asial Law recognised as “Rising Star” in Leading Lawyers
- IFLR1000 featured in Women Leaders list
- IFLR 1000 recognised “Highly Regarded” ranking for Practice Areas and Leading Lawyers
- The Chambers & Partners & Chambers Global (APAC) recognised as “Up and Coming” for Banking
- Asian Legal Business featured in the list of top 15 Rising Lawyers across all practice areas in Asia
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Asia Awards – Won the Best Lawyer in Banking & Finance Law category
- Business World Legal World featured in their 40 under 40 list
- Legal 500 recognised as a “Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets” and “Next Generation Lawyer” for Banking and Finance
Manisha Shroff has represented and advised the following clients
Goldman Sachs, Xander and Rabobank
Advised on a structured secured financing to Mandava Holding Pvt Ltd and Nuziveedu Seeds Limited.
Standard Chartered Bank
Advised in relation to offshore promoter financing aggregating to USD 1 billion to the Reliance ADAG group.
GP Wind (Jangi) Private Limited, a subsidiary of Genting Berhad
Advised on refinancing of existing project loans availed for setting up a 91.8 MW wind power project in Jangi, Gujarat by issuance of long-term credit-enhanced project bonds to IDFC Limited and SMBC Nikko Limited.
Inox Wind Infrastructure Services Limited
Advised in connection with the issuance and subscription of 3000 listed and rated, non-convertible debentures aggregating to INR 300 Crores secured by mortgage over the company’s immovable properties in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh and a corporate guarantee from Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited and subscribed by Reliance Mutual Fund.
Reliance Industries Limited
Advised in relation to its issuance of non-convertible debentures aggregating to INR 10,000 crores in three series for refinancing and general corporate purposes.
Altico Capital India Private Limited
Advised on a secured lending of Rs.180 crores rupee term loan to M/S Pharande Promoters & Builders for construction of their projects in Pune.
Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited
Advised in relation to financing to Sheth Creators and Constructors Private Limited and M/s Sheth Realtors in relation to the construction of Project Beau Pride aggregating to Rs. 125 crores.
International Finance Corporation
Advised on the inaugural “Maharaja Bonds” issue in India - establishment of IFCs Rs 6,000 crores rupee bond program and issuances.
Dewan Housing Finance Limited
Advised on establishment of an MTN Programme for Masala Bond transactions.
Ergo Update02 Jan '23
Ergo Update13 Dec '22
Ergo Update29 Nov '22
Publications25 Nov '22
Ergo Update11 Nov '22
Ergo Update04 Nov '22