Abhishek A Rastogi is a Partner in the Indirect Tax practice group in the Mumbai office. Abhishek has argued several landmark cases before various Tribunals, High Courts, and the Supreme Court. He has authored dozens of commentaries on indirect taxes.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bar Council of Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal, Mumbai
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Recognitions and Accomplishments
Abhishek has been acknowledged for his experience and expertise by:
- World Tax as highly regarded in Indirect Tax and Highly regarded in Tax controversy for 2021 and 2022;
- Asian Legal Business as India’s Super 50 lawyer in 2020 and 2021;
- Asia law as notable practitioner in Tax category;
- International Tax Review award in Tax category;
- Legal Era for 40 under 40 Leadership Award; and
- Economic Times for 40 under Forty Award.
Abhishek A Rastogi has represented and advised the following clients
Narendra Plastics, Shree Renuka Sugar, India Glycols, & Others
Represented before the Delhi High Court on writ petitions to challenge IGST applicability on imports under Advance Authorisation Licenses. Final relief in the form of IGST exemption was granted to the Petitioners.
GnG, PVR Ltd, Adlabs and Inox Leisure Ltd
Represented before different Courts on writ petitions filed with regard to the constitutionality of Entry 62 of List II of the Constitution and principles of promissory estoppel with respect to entertainment tax benefits to amusement parks and multiplex owners.
Victory Ventures, Hafele India and Narendra Plastics
Represented on a writ petition to challenge taxability of ocean freight under the reverse charge mechanism under GST and service tax regime.
A petroleum company
Advised on applicability of service tax on GTA services received in J&K and AAR on a proposed Job work transaction.
Kali Digital Eco-System Private Limited
Advised on challenging the constitutional validity of RBI’s circular on ‘virtual currencies’ before the Supreme Court.
Hindustan Unilever Limited
Represented before Delhi High Court for challenging order of National Anti-Profiteering Authority regarding passing of reduced GST rate benefits to the ultimate consumer.
Article15 Feb '21
Ergo Newsflash02 Feb '21
Article06 Jan '21
Article30 Oct '20
External Links19 May '20